The council is happy to consider candidates with either limited or unlimited registration. Full or part-time hours also considered.
Employed as a Building Surveyor, you will be responsible for:
- Evaluate building permit applications by reviewing plans, specifications, and documents for compliance with the Building Act, regulations, codes, and standards
- Conduct mandatory building inspections to ensure a safe construction environment, issue on-site directions, and verify adherence to approved plans and regulations.
- Ensure compliance with Council's statutory obligations under the Building Act, including initiating legal proceedings when necessary and representing Council in designated courts.
- Perform essential service measures inspections, prepare reports in accordance with relevant regulations, and submit findings to Council as required.
- Oversee the issuance of Building Notices and Orders as the delegate of the Municipal Building Surveyor, and respond to inquiries from builders and ratepayers regarding plan checking and general building regulatory matters.
- A Registered Building Surveyor (Unlimited/Limited)
- A tertiary qualification in building surveying/management, or relevant experience/qualifications
- A solid understanding of relevant acts, regulations and standards
- Experience working for a Council
- Excellent time management and negotiation skills
- A current Victorian driver's license
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail or other opportunities within Local Government, please contact
Michael Parker on 0431 593 048
or send an email to email@example.com
Alternatively you can apply by using the link below.
All communication will be strictly confidential.
Please check our website for further opportunities, apply for job alerts or to refer a friend. www.aspectpersonnel.com.au