Based in Melbourne’s CBD with bright open offices and fantastic amenities. This well-known civil business has a focus on rail construction. They are currently working on an impressive portfolio of projects from level crossing removal projects to regional rail revival and track duplication and upgrades in Victoria. You will be part of a great team that is able to support you as well as challenge you.
Reporting to the senior leaders within the organisation, your new role will see you work across the contracts space for a major infrastructure project in Victoria. You will work with Project Managers, Contract Administrators and project staff to understand the commercial requirements of the projects contracts. You will be involved with disputes, commercial issues and assist the Contract Administrators in all commercial matters.
- Lead a commercial team on the project and review client agreements, advise risk and create departure schedules.
- Provide commercial advice during the tender process and work with the General Manager in client negotiations.
- Advise Project Team of their contractual requirements and obligations.
- Subcontractor Procurement and Management
- Advise Project Managers on contractual requirements and provide commercial advice.
- Commercial close out of Projects including Warranties, Retention and Bank Guarantees, Deed of Release, and client commercial close out documentation.
You will have
- A construction management, building, engineering degree coupled with 8+years post graduate experience in contract administration within the construction industry.
- Rail industry preferable, if not civil including buildings and earthworks
- Projects and operational experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of contract management, financial program management and risk management.
- Performance reporting and budget preparation experience.