The role will be an initial 3 month contract with the likelihood of being extended for the right candidate.
Candidates will be considered at band 5 or 6 level.
This will be a varied role where you will have the opportunity to work as part of a friendly and supportive team.
The council is currently operating in a hybrid working arrangement.
You will be responsible for:
- Checking designs and plans
- Assessing legal points of discharge & building over easements
- Providing advice to residents
- Liaising with developers and key stakeholders
- Drainage investigations
- Managing the design & delivery of drainage works
- Flood mapping & modelling
As the ideal candidate you will have/be:
- A degree in Civil Engineering or relevant experience/qualifications
- A Civil Engineer, ideally with experience in Victorian Local Government
- Demonstrated experience in approving development plans
- Previous experience assessing legal points of discharge, vehicle crossings and building over easements
- A solid understanding of local government policies, procedures and legislation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail or other Civil Engineering opportunities within Local Government, please contact
Michael Parker on 0431 593 048
or send an email to email@example.com
Alternatively, you can apply by using the link below.
All communication will be strictly confidential.
Please check our website for further opportunities, apply for job alerts or to refer a friend. www.aspectpersonnel.com.au