-Land Strategy Officer Band 7
-Hourly rates depending on experience
-3 month contract, possibility of extension
-Must be able to hit the ground running
-Full time hours
Position Purpose -
- Identify and acquire land required for infrastructure and service provision under the Council's Property Acquisition and Disposals Program, in strict adherence to statutory requirements, legislation and organisational policies.
- Efficiently manage the regulatory aspects of providing advice on property transactions including acquisitions, easements, road discontinuances and disposals.
- Adopt a proactive approach in dealing with property issues and ensure milestones are benchmarked and met
- Lead and assist in driving the Land Acquisitions and Disposal Program from inception to execution ensuring all departments adhere to the program.
- Negotiate outcomes with landowners for the acquisition of land required for infrastructure and service delivery under Council's Property Acquisition and Disposals Program, authorised by the Council or the Chief Executive Officer
- Preparation of Council Reports and supporting documentation where required.
- Project Management, including monitoring and reporting on the Council’s property acquisition and disposal program inclusive of requirements relevant to Capital Works and Development Contribution Programs.
- Provide advice and support to the Head of and Manager regarding proposed an ongoing property transactions, including the drafting of internal authorisation and Position Description progress reports.
- Actively advocate for and seek out opportunities to achieve shared outcomes.
- Before planning new projects identify tasks, resources, constraints, issues and risks.
- A relevant degree or diploma in a related field with several years of relevant experience; or higher formal qualification with a shorter period of experience; or lesser formal qualifications supported by extensive relevant experience.
- Experience in property transactions in either the Property, Legal, Development or Government sector.
- Expertise in the application of theoretical knowledge to planning, subdivision, and land acquisition and compensation-related legislation, as well as the ability to seek solutions for novel problems and opportunities that may extend beyond the original field of specialisation.
- Understanding of relevant sections of the Local Government Act 2020, Land Acquisition and Compensation Act 1986, Planning and Environment Act 1987, Subdivision Act 1988, Road Management Act 2004, Land Act 1958 and GAIC legislation and MSA Levy (MSA Act)
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, employing strong project management skills including planning, organising, budgeting and progress tracking to achieve objectives while considering both organisational and external factors.
- Capability to effectively persuade and influence landowners, developers, planning consultants, land valuers, solicitors, members of the public and fellow employees to pursue and achieve specific objectives.
- Sound knowledge of legislation relating to Property Management.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated financial management skills.
- Driver’s License which is valid to drive within Victoria.
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail or other Planning opportunities within Local Government or State Government please contact Kyla Nash on
0423 419 396 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively you can apply by using the link below.
All communication will be strictly confidential.
Please check our website for further opportunities, apply for job alerts or to refer a friend. www.aspectpersonnel.com.au