About the Rural City of Mildura
The Mildura Rural City is situated on the Murray River in North West Victoria – a vibrant provincial city in a region of natural beauty and only a short flight away from three capital cities. Mildura Rural City is home to in excess of 52,000 residents. All enjoy its unique lifestyle opportunities combining quality services, exciting attractions, diverse industries and a strong community spirit. Mildura Rural City covers almost ten per cent of the State and delivers more than 100 critical services and infrastructure to its resident base across more than 22,000 square kilometres.
About the Role
With a focus on innovation and continuous improvement the Rural City of Mildura is seeking an experienced Principal Development Engineer to join their busy Infrastructure Development Team. This is a dynamic and collaborative team which sits under the Engineering Services Unit.
In conjunction with the Engineering Coordinator and Infrastructure Development Team Leader, you will be responsible for high level development of systems and processes for the infrastructure development team and wider Engineering Services Unit.
Employed as a Principal Development Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting the development and implementation of policy, guidelines, strategies and plans for the service and delivery of council infrastructure
- Developing and implementing best practice engineering guidelines for civil construction works, subdivision works, and drainage works in relation to the planning scheme
- Lead the Engineering Unit’s responses to planning referrals through assessment and preparation of planning permit conditions
- Developing and mentoring junior staff
As the ideal candidate you will have/be:
- Tertiary Engineering Qualifications and demonstrated experience in Civil/ Environmental Engineering
- Significant Experience in the assessment of development applications, planning proposals, masterplans and major residential and commercial developments from a local government stormwater management perspective
- Experience in reviewing, developing and implementing policy, guidelines, strategy and plans for the service and delivery of council infrastructure.
- Significant experience in traffic engineering and storm water management strategies.
- Ability to problem solve and think laterally to develop innovative solutions to unique problems
- Current Australian Driver’s Licence
- Be willing to undertake a pre-employment medical and police check
- The opportunity to join an innovative, supportive and collaborative team
- A great opportunity to take the lead in the development of systems and process for the infrastructure development team and council
- A competitive salary including a monthly RDO
- Flexible working arrangements
- Ongoing development opportunities including external and internal training and development programs
- Support in working towards your Engineering Chartership
- Relocation assistance is available if required
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail or review a full position description, please contact:
Peter Michael, Candidate Manager on 0423 122 765
or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can apply by using the link below.
All communication will be strictly confidential.