The role will be an initial 3 month contract with the possibility of transitioning to a permanent role for the right candidate. The role is at Band 6 level and is a great opportunity to develop your career within a supportive team environment.
You will be responsible for the design & delivery of the construction, upgrades, and refurbishment of community buildings including pavilions, kindergartens and libraries aw well as open space/recreation projects.
The council is currently operating in a hybrid working arrangement.
You will be responsible for:
- End to End Project Management
- Management of contractors
- Liaison with internal and external stakeholders
- Deliver projects from pre-construction through to hand over
- Identify, review and manage risks for the projects
- Deliver projects to council standards
- Preparing detailed reports
As the ideal candidate you will have:
- A tertiary qualification in Building Construction, Architecture, Project Management, Engineering or a related discipline with relevant experience
- Experience in project and/ or construction management
- Previous experience successfully delivering Capital Works Projects to time, quality and budget constraints
- Great stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Local Government experience
- A current driver’s license
If you would like to review a position description, discuss this role in more detail or discuss other opportunities within Local Government, please contact:
Michael Parker on 0431 593 048
or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can apply by using the link below.
All communication will be strictly confidential.
Please check our website for further opportunities, apply for job alerts or to refer a friend.