About the City of Melton
Located within Melbourne’s Western Growth Corridor, the City of Melton is one of Australia’s fastest growing municipalities.
The population of Melton is projected to reach 477,900 by 2051, (making it almost the size of Canberra today). This has led to a steady increase in the size of Melton City Council’s capital works program and the organic growth of the Capital Projects Team.
About the Role
Due to an internal promotion, the City of Melton is seeking an experienced Project Officer to join their Capital Projects Team.
Reporting directly to one of three Capital Projects Coordinators, you will be responsible for leading the delivery of a diverse portfolio of projects including civil infrastructure, council buildings, open space, recreation and major projects.
You will be responsible for:
- The end-to-end project management of various capital works projects including:
- Project planning, scope & design
- Project management
- Contract administration/management
- Site supervision and inspection
- Liaison with internal and external stakeholders
- Forecasting, budgeting, financial management and reporting
- Preparing detailed reports
- A Tertiary qualification in Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Civil Engineering, Construction, Project Management, or relevant experience/qualifications
- A sound understanding of Project Management Methodology
- Demonstrated end-to-end experience delivering capital works projects to time, quality and budget constraints; ideally within or for Local Government
- Proficient in financial management including, budgeting, forecasting, monitoring and reporting
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, especially in relation to internal & external stakeholder management
- A current driver's license
You will be rewarded with:
- The opportunity to deliver a diverse portfolio of projects for one of the country’s fastest growing municipalities
- The opportunity to work on new greenfield projects and developments
- A friendly, supportive and knowledgeable team
- A competitive salary including a monthly RDO
- Ongoing development opportunities including, mentoring and internal training & development programs
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail or review a full position description, please contact:
Michael Parker, Team Leader on 0431 593 048
or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can apply by using the link below.
All communication will be strictly confidential.