Based in Melbourne’s CBD with bright open offices and fantastic amenities. This well-known civil business has a focus on rail construction. They are currently working on an impressive portfolio of projects from level crossing removal projects to regional rail revival and track duplication and upgrades in Victoria. You will be part of a great team that is able to support you as well as challenge you.
Reporting to the senior leaders within the organisation, your new role will see you work across the safety systems space for a major infrastructure project in Victoria. As a Rail Safety & Accreditation Coordinator. You will Coordinate and support the successful implementation of a Safety Management System to support the delivery team on a major civil project.
Assist in the development of the required systems and procedures to support the accreditation strategy for each stage of accreditation.
Your major responsibilities include:
- Provide support, coordination and advice relating to Rail Safety practices, systems and procedures within a defined workplace.
- Conduct Rail Safety audits, inspections and investigation.
- Identify workplace hazards and lead the development and implementation of prevention programs.
- Assist in the Implementation of a Safety Management Systems for the project.
- Assist in providing specialist advice on Safety Interface coordination, worksite protection and rail transport operator accreditation requirements.
- To provide specialist Rail Safety advice and technical input to delivery, ensuring that legal and contractual obligations / risks are identified and communicated appropriately as per Rail Safety Legislation
- Maintain records of all Rail Safety requirements at the work place, in accordance with legislative company requirements and provide statistical summaries of these records
- Minimum Cert IV in OH&S, construction white card & first aid certificate
- Full drivers license
- Strong understanding of latest OH&S legislation
- ICAM accreditation
- Experience in rail safety systems
- Minimum 8 years of HSE experience in a similar role
- Proven experience working on infrastructure projects.
- Excellent communication & IT skills