I am seeking applications for a Senior Statutory Planner to join a busy small team on a full-time basis. Reporting directly into the Planning manager, this is a fantastic opportunity for a skilled Band 6 operator to take the next step and gain managerial experience in a regional location and smaller team setting.
You would be managing a case load of approximately 15 of the more complex applications. Applications will offer variety to your work, with residential, commercial and industrial applications coming through, as well as a larger-scale subdivision approvals.
The successful applicant will ideally have 3-4 years of experience as a Statutory Planner, preferably in a local government setting, and experience mentoring junior planners and managing more complex planning applications.
- Prepare reports for submission to Council as directed relating to town planning applications, subdivision applications and development proposals.
- Assess and process town planning and subdivision applications within statutory time frames and comply with specifications, ensuring that appropriate referrals have been carried out.
- Prepare reports, statements and submissions for presentations at relevant hearings and meetings, including VCAT.
- Liaise with relevant government departments, statutory authorities, community groups, private agencies etc, relative to planning applications, rezoning, planning studies and general fulfilment of planning duties.
- Provide care and advice to the Junior team members and assist them with their duties as required.
Banding level and salary range will vary and is negotiable depending on experience, however, expect a range of $85,000 - $95,000 + super.
For further details on the role, please contact Claudia Griffiths from Aspect Personnel at 0423 419 396, or email email@example.com.