A Local Council in Melbourne's Northern Suburbs are seeking an experienced Statutory planner to join their team on a contract basis.
- Minimum 6 month contract (with the possibility of extension)
- Full time.
- Band 6.
- Remote working or hybrid working options available.
What they are looking for:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Town Planning or an associated discipline.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to mange a case load of applications at a time and expert knowledge on the Victorian Planning Scheme.
- Experience in a Local Government setting preferred but not essential.
Your key responsibilities, but not limited to:
- You'll be responsible for assessing a wide range of planning applications including rural, residential, industrial, commercial and growth-area applications.
- Prepare correspondence relating to reports and enquiries.
- Represent council in a public setting when required.
- Handle enquiries and liaise with relevant stakeholders, both internal and external, regarding planning matters.
- Provide information and advice to the Leadership Team on Statutory Planning matters .
Enjoy the potential added benefit of flexible start/finish times and the opportunity to enjoy a hybrid working from home arrangement.
For further details regarding either role, please contact Claudia Griffiths at Aspect Personnel on 0423 419 396 or email@example.com.