The initial contract will be a 3-month assignment although there is a chance that this may be extended.
Reporting to the Manager Statutory Planning, you will be responsible for effectively assisting with the administration and implementation of their Planning Scheme.
Your key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Processing town planning applications.
- Prepare reports to Council’s Delegate and to Council as required.
- Process plans and amendments relating to planning permits.
- Handle planning appeals at the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
- Check Building applications to determine need for planning approval and follow up outstanding planning permit conditions with applicants where required.
- Provide technical advice to developers and their consultants in respect of policies, guidelines and general design matters.
- Provide advice to members of the public and Councilors in respect of all statutory processes and timing.
- Inspect completed developments to ensure compliance with planning controls.
- Facilitate appropriate land use and development outcomes for the municipality.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualification in town planning.
- Town planning experience in local government for a minimum of 2 years would be an advantage.
- Current and valid driver’s license.
- Detailed knowledge of relevant legislation and all related Council policies and all relevant State Government policies and amendments.
- Competent written/verbal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to prepare concise reports for management, Council and VCAT.
- Ability to interpret building plans and related documentation.
- Computer Skills (Microsoft Office, rates, planning database).
- Ability to manage time, set priorities and organise work outputs so as to meet objectives and timelines, despite conflicting pressures.
- Ability to positively negotiate and resolve conflict in achievement of team and organisational goals and objectives.
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to use persuasive language and produce high quality reports.
You will be rewarded with:
- A healthy work/life balance.
- The opportunity to further develop your career within Local Government.
- A supportive and friendly team environment.
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail or other Town Planning opportunities within Local Government, please contact Kyla Nash on 0423 419 396
or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org