About the role:
- 2 year, fixed-term contract.
- Band 7
- Full time (part-time opportunities exist for the right candidate).
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Tertiary qualifications in Urban or Regional Planning, or closely related field with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated extensive experience in strategic land use planning, including experience in preparing township structure plans, urban design frameworks and planning policy, focused on the delivery of
housing and residential development.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven time-management skills with the ability to work independently.
- Someone who is highly organised with sound planning mediation, negotiation and consultation skills.
- Someone with the ability to think strategically and holistically, and to consider options and implications at various decision points.
- Prepare and deliver strategic projects, policies, programs and reports.
- Lead the preparation, development and implementation of land use planning strategies and associated planning scheme amendments to the Planning Scheme.
- Coordinate or be involved in community consultation in relation to strategic land use projects.
- Present to internal bodies and other relevant stakeholders on strategic planning matters.
- To assist the Manager of Planning and Building Services and the Planning Unit with the review of strategic planning implications for planning permit applications.
For further information on the role please contact Claudia Griffiths at Aspect Personnel on 0423 419 396 or firstname.lastname@example.org. All correspondence will be kept confidential.