About Moira Shire
Moira Shire is situated on the majestic Murray River and is only a two-and-a-half-hour drive from Melbourne. Moira Shire covers an area of 4,045 km squared and is a fast growing municipality in Victoria with a population of more than 29,000 residents. The areas warm Mediterranean climate creates a vibrant and appealing place to live.
Moira is centrally located to regional cities of Shepperton, Wangaratta and Albury Wodonga. The popular area is recognised for it’s agricultural, horticultural and tourism operations. With the world’s largest red gum forest located in this region, Moira Shire offers a variety of attractions including forests, rivers, national parks, wineries, and stunning inland beaches.
About the role
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced engineer to join Moira Shire Council as Team Leader Design and play a key role in the Council’s Annual Capital Works Program.
Reporting directly into the Manager of Construction and Assets, you will be responsible for the coordination of detailed design plans for construction purposes and to provide engineering advice and technical support for customer requests.
You will play a vital role in the development of the council’s 10-year program, focusing on the provision of infrastructure through Moira Shire. This role will give you the opportunity to utilise your industry knowledge and expertise by providing technical guidance and support to a team of design and project engineers.
Employed as Team Leader Design, you will be responsible for:
- Preparing detailed design plans for construction purposes.
- Assisting in the development of a 10-year program for provision of infrastructure.
- Developing design standards, transport planning and traffic management policies.
- Managing a team of five engineers.
- Tertiary Engineering Qualifications with eligibility for Professional Engineers Registration Scheme.
- Experience in scoping and design of municipal infrastructure.
- Experience in project management and contract management.
- Experience and knowledge of project procurement, including self-management, quoting and tendering.
- Experience using AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- A current drivers license.
- The opportunity to join an innovative, supportive, and collaborative team.
- The opportunity to deliver a diverse portfolio of projects.
- An attractive salary and flexible work arrangements including purchased leave.
- Onsite physiotherapist and a health and wellbeing consultant.
- Career progression and professional development.
- Discounted corporate gym membership.
Peter Michael on 0423 122 765
or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can apply by using the link below.
All communication will be strictly confidential.
Please check our website for further opportunities, apply for job alerts or to refer a friend. www.aspectpersonnel.com.au