Reporting and working with any of the 7 Directors, you will take a lead role in managing staff, projects, and marketing the firm. You can expect to work on a wide range of large-scale developments including residential, commercial and industrial projects within the CBD, inner-ring and suburban Melbourne.
You will have a minimum of 8 years' experience with a proven track record in the local market, both in the private and/or public sectors.
Your key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Lead an aspiring team of professionals.
- Assist in the preparation of technical reports, including preparation of various planning applications, development plans, planning scheme amendments, and advocacy and expert witness reports.
- Represent clients at VCAT.
- Liaise with existing and future clients about site development potential and opportunity.
- Prepare fee proposals, manage budgets and send invoices.
- Remain up to date with planning policy changes and decisions, so you can convey this to clients and colleagues with confidence.
- Business development across various industry markets.
- Degree qualification in Urban and Regional Planning, or higher
- Suitable post-graduate work experience (circa 8+ years)
- Technical and practical expertise in the Victorian system, ideally in the private sector.
- A demonstrated, and high-level technical competency in Statutory planning.
- Ability to work autonomously with limited direction from the leadership team ensuring the successful delivery of projects.
- Demonstrated experience directly mentoring or managing staff
- Experience at VCAT
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Robust report writing skills
All form of communication regarding this role should be addressed to Mark Parrent at Aspect Personnel via firstname.lastname@example.org or contact him on 9092 7204.
Alternatively you can apply online via the link below.