There are many councils in Regional Victoria and Metro Melbourne who we are working alongside and who are actively looking to fill these roles as soon as possible.
100% Work from home
Permanent Positions available
Contract 3 & 6 months available
Full time & Part time available
Your key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Processing town planning applications.
- Prepare reports to Council’s Delegate and to Council as required.
- Process plans and amendments relating to planning permits.
- Check Building applications to determine need for planning approval and follow up outstanding planning permit conditions with applicants where required.
- Provide technical advice to developers and their consultants in respect of policies, guidelines and general design matters.
- Provide advice to members of the public and Councilors in respect of all statutory processes and timing.
- Inspect completed developments to ensure compliance with planning controls.
- Facilitate appropriate land use and development outcomes for the municipality.
- Tertiary qualification in town planning.
- Town planning experience in local government would be an advantage.
- Detailed knowledge of relevant legislation and all related Council policies and all relevant State Government policies and amendments.
- Competent written/verbal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to prepare concise reports for management, Council and VCAT.
- Ability to interpret building plans and related documentation.
- Ability to manage time, set priorities and organise work outputs so as to meet objectives and timelines, despite conflicting pressures.
- Ability to positively negotiate and resolve conflict in achievement of team and organisational goals and objectives.
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to use persuasive language and produce high quality reports.
- Laptop supplied
- A healthy work/life balance.
- The opportunity to further develop your career within Local Government.
- A supportive and friendly team environment.
or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org