100% Work from home
Contract 3 & 6 months available
Reporting to the Team Leader Statutory Planning, you will be responsible for effectively assisting with the administration and implementation of their Planning Scheme's.
You will have enough experience that you can efficiently work from home where you will not need much guidance.
Your key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Processing town planning applications.
- Prepare reports to Council’s Delegate and to Council as required.
- Process plans and amendments relating to planning permits.
- Provide advice to members of the public and Councilors in respect of all statutory processes and timing.
- Facilitate appropriate land use and development outcomes for the municipality.
- Tertiary qualification in town planning.
- Town planning experience in local government would be an advantage.
- Detailed knowledge of relevant legislation and all related Council policies and all relevant State Government policies and amendments.
- Competent written/verbal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to prepare concise reports for management, Council and VCAT.
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to use persuasive language and produce high quality reports.
- Laptop supplied
- A healthy work/life balance.
- The opportunity to further develop your career within Local Government.
- A supportive and friendly team environment.