Benefits of the role:
- Hybrid working arrangement
- January start date
- Supportive team environment
- Rewarding work within Local Government
- Likely extension for right candidate
- Provide a development approvals function to deal with development construction plans, traffic matters, drainage, and technical assessments for new development, and service authority approvals.
- Liaise and negotiate with internal business units, external consultants and developers to provide solutions to technical problems resulting from development proposals.
- Determine and report on requirements for development proposals to ensure that the interests of the Council and the general community are not adversely affected and/or the operation of existing infrastructure is not compromised.
- Respond to enquiries in written and verbal form relating to development proposals.
- Project manage major drainage strategies and investigate and provide solutions for local drainage issues.
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- A tertiary qualification in civil engineering
- Local Government Experience
- Demonstrated experience in the assessment of new development proposals.
- Professional Engineers Registration would be an advantage.
- An understanding and application of relevant Acts, Regulations and Council Policies
- Strong Communication skills - ability to deal with both internal and external stakeholders.
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail or discuss other opportunities Local Government, please contact:
Ger Hegarty on 0423 122 765
or send an email to email@example.com
Alternatively, you can apply by using the link below.
All communication will be strictly confidential.
Please check our website for further opportunities, apply for job alerts or to refer a friend.