You will be joining a well-established developer based on the outskirts of Melbourne CBD, who have been around for just under a decade but within that time have already built an impressive portfolio across the commercial, industrial, retail, hotel, and residential sectors.
They are a “hands-on” developer, not just focused on the development elements, but have in-house project managers, designers, engineers, and property managers.
They take pride in the work they do and the culture they promote within the office, with a “one team” approach and people across the board who genuinely enjoy coming to the office each day and the work they do.
About the Role:
You will be joining the highly collaborative team as a Senior Project Manager, where your key responsibility will be to oversee and manage the day-to-day activities, consultants, and contractors to deliver all infrastructure works occurring simultaneously across either multiple projects or stages on major projects.
Within this role, you will work closely with and collaboratively with the development managers through the acquisitions and feasibilities, then manage the projects then through the complete project lifecycle.
- To work and collaborate with the development team, delivery team and key stakeholders with a focus on teamwork and cooperation.
- Develop and execute project management plans and delivery strategies for all infrastructure works projects, stages, and separate works packages to ensure alignment with the overall business strategies, budgets, timelines and the organization’s goals.
- Lead, manage and mentor project support staff and junior team members to ensure day to day activities and operations are conducted in accordance with the company policies and procedures.
- Manage the design process to ensure marketable and cost-effective design solutions are documented and constructed in accordance with the Project and/or Product brief, budgets and required timeframes.
- Explore and implement environmentally sustainable design initiatives and solutions.
- Monitor and manage all infrastructure works project(s) revenues and costs (planning, design, construction, and completion) in line with budgets.
- Manage and co-ordinate all necessary Planning Approvals and Authority Approvals required to complete all Infrastructure works project(s), ongoing delivery of future stages and/or built form project(s) from the relevant Authority.
- Manage and execute project management plans and delivery strategies for all infrastructure works projects, stages and separate works packages to ensure alignment with the overall business strategies, budgets, timelines and the organization’s goals.
- Act as the Contract Superintendent in accordance with the General Conditions of Contract.
- Conduct regular weekly site inspections and prepare safety audit reports and quality, photographic evidence, and non-conformance reports on a monthly basis.
- Prepare, chair, and take minutes at fortnightly construction meetings, with Principal and Contractor.
- Attend monthly PCG’s with Development Director and key stakeholders and report on all infrastructure works projects, stages, and separate works packages.
- Manage and oversee the Practical Completion phase inclusive.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or Project Management.
- 10 years of industry experience in a similar role with a civil contractor, engineering consultancy firm or property development industry.
- Ideally, you will have strong experience within the Civil and Infrastructure industry, where you’ve gained exposure to both design and construction.
- Ideally you will also have gained strong experience within Land Development, Subdivision and Infrastructure.
- You should also have a strong understanding of the Victorian Building Codes.
- High competency in Microsoft Project and relevant software packages.
- This role would suit someone who is proactive and driven, that wants to grow and develop their career.
- Exposure into the development aspects of the project lifecycle.
- Complete end to end project management, with autonomy over projects and the role.
- Work with a highly talented and collaborative team.
- Gain exposure working across different project sectors.
- Excellent company culture, where people get to be a part of the company and enjoy the work they do.
- Excellent career development and progression opportunities.
- Excellent salary package.
- Free on-site parking.