You will be joining a market leading Real Estate firm as part of their office based in the heart of the CBD.
The company itself boasts a portfolio of over 8,000 properties and a solid team of over 300 talented professionals across Property Management, Strata Management, Leasing, Sales, Finance, IT and Operations.
They provide a complete all-round service for their clients across Sales, Leasing, Property Management, Owners Corporation and Insurance, fostering their relationships with clients which has allowed them to build longstanding relationships.
Culturally, they promote a strong collaborative, inclusive and dynamic environment, providing an excellent place for people to work and build their career within real estate.
As a Property Manager, you will play a pivotal role in overseeing the diverse portfolio of properties.
Within this role, you will become part of an internal team, which includes the department manager, senior and mid-level property managers, as well as, supporting personnel such as; leasing specialists and property consultants/admin.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Maintain positive renter relationships through professional & effective responsiveness & proactive consideration of renter issues, thereby ensuring that renter expectations and rental provider criteria are being consistently met.
- Managing a sizeable portfolio, ensuring efficient operations
- Ensuring compliance with tenancy laws and regulations
- Provide excellent renter service. Respond to renter requests/problems in a timely and courteous manner. Follow-up with the renter to ensure satisfactory resolution of the issue. Ensure that there is always 24-hour emergency coverage for the property.
- Co-ordinating Lease Agreements and Renewals
- Work with the Property Consultant team to market properties, screen applicants, and completing leasing duties for your properties.
- Managing Arrears and attending VCAT
- Conducting inspections – Routine, Entry, and Exits (relief provided where required)
- No trust accounting with full trust accounting support.
- Work in a pod system with ongoing support
- Rotating Saturday roster with a rostered day off during the week
To be successful within this role, you will need to be a Property Manager with more than 1 years’ experience and hold a Real Estate Agent’s Rep Certificate.
Alongside this, essential criteria for the role includes:
- Excellent Customer Service Skills with the ability to build mutually beneficial relationships.
- Excellent Communication Skills with residents, potential clients, colleagues and third parties are a must for this role.
- Excellent team player and are willing to offer support to other team members.
- Always maintain a professional and presentable appearance.
- Positive Attitude
- Legislative knowledge and understanding of VCAT.
- Australian Driver’s License
- Excellent Career Development and Progression Opportunities (many of those within the company management structure and/or team leading positions have all come from junior roles within the company)
- Structured and ongoing training, they are heavily invested in the team’s success by providing ongoing training and resources to enhance your skills.
- Supportive environment, with support provided from both senior management and junior staff to assist you within your role.
- Wellbeing Program, which includes regular corporate massages.
- Hybrid working and flexible start/finish times.
- Coffee and Fresh Fruit within the office.
- Regular social events, including; EOY party, EOFY party, monthly drinks and snacks, and, charity fundraisers/galas.
- Incentive schemes for new business and referrals.
How to Apply:
If you're interested in this role, please click apply or to reach out directly and discuss in further detail, please call Robbie Devlin on 0402 141 250 or email your resume to email@example.com