You will be joining an established Consultancy, with over 100 staff across 5 offices nationally.
They provide project management, estimation, and cost management services across a broad range of project sectors, including; health, education, rail & infrastructure, tertiary education, and, commercial.
They work collaboratively across their 5 offices and have a secure pipeline of work across the country, where they have a target for 2030 on expansion across the business.
Your New Role:
You will be joining the Quantity Surveying team within the Melbourne office, where you will be joining a talented team who work well together and enjoy a great atmosphere among the team.
Within the role itself, your initial focus will be a large healthcare development, where you will have an autonomous role that is heavily client facing.
Some of your responsibilities will also include:
- Undertake cost analysis and clearly communicate results with clients, architects and main contractors
- Liaise with all external parties including clients, architects and main contractors
- Develop project cost plan and budgets
- Undertake cost checks of developing design
- Evaluate and analyse tender returns
- Assist with contract negotiations
- Take responsibility for procurement and cost reporting for assigned projects
- Work with the senior team across multiple projects
- Assess monthly progress claims and variation
This role is perfect for someone who is looking to join an established firm, but also not a large corporate structure, where you will an autonomous role and be given the opportunity to take more ownership over your work and develop yourself further by taking on new opportunities.
In terms of specific requirements, they are looking for someone who:
- Holds Tertiary qualification in Quantity Surveying, Contract Administration or Construction Management
- Is a certified Quantity Surveyor with AIQS or RICS
- Has a minimum 7 years’ experience post-graduate experience as a Quantity Surveyor
- Has experience within the Health or Education sectors
- Is able to work in a team as well as autonomously
- Is a confident communicator with clients and stakeholders with strong interpersonal skills
- Has an enthusiasm and passion for the built environment
- Has a can do attitude that focuses on solutions through innovative thinking
What you will Receive in Return:
As mentioned above, you will join a company that will provide you with flexibility and autonomy within your role, where you can take more ownership over your projects and have the opportunity to be in a heavily client facing role and develop strong relationships.
They are also extremely passionate about career development and always looking at innovative ways to provide staff with opportunities tailored to them, to grow within the business.
Overall Benefits Include:
- Additional 2 annual leave days per year after the first 12 months of employment
- Professional Development Program focusing on individual development
- Access to their evidence-based Employee Assistance Program
- Central Melbourne Office with a fun and engaging working culture
- Hybrid & Flexible Working
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Quarterly Team Building Days and also Fit-Feb incentive.