- 3-6 month contract fully remote
- Full time hours
- Hourly rate depending on experience
- Laptop provided
- Must be able to hit the ground running as there will be minimal training
- Civica experience favorable but not essential
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Report to Council and Council’s delegate on a range of applications for planning permission for use, development and subdivision of land.
- Undertake assessment of development applications.
- Implement relevant policies of Council.
- Ensure necessary referrals are carried out and undertake consultation with various government agencies, public authorities and utility service providers.
- Undertake mediation and/or consultation between parties as a means of educating and/or resolving disputes as appropriate.
- Process Plans of Subdivision if required in accordance with the requirements of the Subdivision Act 1988.
- Prepare appeal submissions for VCAT.
- Enforce compliance with the Planning Scheme and permits, in accordance with directions from the Senior Statutory Planner through the issue of notices and prosecutions where necessary.
- Demonstrate the values of Respect, Collaboration, Integrity, Accountability.
- Participate in and support a culture of positive change, quality and customer service within the organisation.
- Act in accordance with Council and Management Policies, relevant legislation and Council’s Staff Code of Conduct.
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail or other opportunities within Local Government, please contact Kyla Nash on
0423 419 396 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively you can apply by using the link below.
All communication will be strictly confidential.
Please check our website for further opportunities, apply for job alerts or to refer a friend. www.aspectpersonnel.com.au