- 5 month contract full time hours
- Hourly rate depending on experience
- Hybrid role - 2 days in the office
- Start date ASAP
- Covering another staff members absence
- Statutory referral authority for planning and mining development
1. Working under the direction of the Team Leader, Statutory Planning Advisory, deliver their function as referral authority for all planning decisions that have significant environmental impacts, and for earth resources projects under the Mineral Resources (Sustainable Development) Act 1990.
2. Actively contribute to the development of a positive and high performing team culture, including by identifying and implementing opportunities to improve teamwork practices.
3. Provide authoritative and timely planning advice on the frameworks, including to Planning Panels and the Victorian
Administrative Appeals Tribunal (VCAT).
4. As required based on prioritised demand, support the provision of strategic advice and support to planning officers within State and local government, including advice on structure or precinct plans, planning scheme amendments and planning policy or process to ensure the prevention of harm to the environment and human health is considered up front in land use planning.
5. Actively contribute to all aspects of statutory planning functions.
6. Support and enable the continued development of those planning function so that the primacy of prevention of harm is central to all statutory planning decisions.
7. Undertake administrative processes and other tasks as directed for the effective achievement of regulatory outcomes; ensure that all Government and policies and procedures, such and financial management, occupational health and safety, and conduct are complied with.
If you are interested in finding out more information about this particular position, please call Kyla Nash at Aspect Personnel on 0423 419 396 to discuss this role or other immediate planning roles within Local Government.
Alternatively, email Kyla at firstname.lastname@example.org
All communication will be strictly confidential.